Sunday, April 4, 2010

Super powers and Script Frenzy

First new post in a while!

So I was just reading my friend Daniel's blog, (http://musingsofaliberboy.blogspot.com/) and someone asked him: If you could have a superpower, what would it be? He said, 'fly invisibly'.

Why does everyone say fly? (No offense, Daniel. I understand that yours was probably a snide commentary on how often people say those two things) Why? Everyone says fly. Seriously? I was watching something recently that had a very good answer:

If you could fly, scientists would catch you and lock you up and dissect you, to find out what the heck makes you fly and how they can do it too. Yes. They would.

After watching District 9, it is apparent to me that scientists dissecting you is not a happy ending, and not something to desire.

So if I had a superpower, it would be the ability to find things, people, and the end of awkward silences.

This month is Script Frenzy! A whole lot of people write a 100 page script in a month! Huzzah!

Anyway, mine is turning out very well, except it's too short. I killed off another character today... now I have three left, and eighty-one pages to go.

What is my play about? It is about Death, True Love, Coming of Age, Kick-Ass fighting, and there's a twist ending.

Actually that's not true, but I figure you're more likely to read and/or perform it if I say that then if I say, 'it's a macabre surrealist commentary on realism and the structure of our day-to-day lives.' Plus I sound incredibly pretentious the second way. But it INCLUDES Death, True Love, and Kick-Ass fighting. Fighting, anyway. Someone hits someone else. And then stabs them repeatedly in the throat with a knife.

Am I morbid? Does this sound morbid to you? Good.

Oh, I forgot! It's a musical. The book of a musical, at any rate, because I discovered that I am crap at writing music and/or lyrics. But it can't not be a musical, because the plot revolves around it being a musical.

Ooo, and none of the characters have specified genders or names. Do you have any idea how hard it is to write a play without having any of the characters say the words 'he/she, his/her, him/her, girl/guy'? No, I thought not. And they aren't named, they're labled as #1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6, and #7. And before you ask, NO, it's not called "Seven". It's called "; the musical". Pronounced "semicolon the musical".

Anyway, that's all. The end. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment