Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lady Gaga

I am NO LONGER A LADY GAGA VIRGIN!

Seriously. I managed to go nearly seventeen years of my life without hearing any Lady Gaga, ever. You would think they would play her in stores more often, but apparently not.

Anyway, I likes it. I enjoy Lady Gaga. It is RIDICULOUSLY catchy. RIDICULOUSLY.

Also, people keep telling me how weird her music videos are and how they make no sense unless you're high. I have never been high, but I don't find them THAT strange. I find Owl City's Fireflies a lot stranger and no-sense-making.

One thing that is strange but nice about the Telephone music video is: Most music videos follow the story of the song exactly. In Telephone, it has it's own weird story, and they just happen to sing Telephone. This is quite nice and original.

As far as I can see, the story of Telephone goes thus:

Lady Gaga is in jail. We do not know why she is in jail, but it is presumably just for being Lady Gaga. She enjoys some experiences typical to all female jail-cells, such as fighting and kissing and fooling around with Caution Tape. Then she gets a phone call from her boyfriend, whom she does not like. She wishes her boyfriend would stop calling her.

Then Beyonce shows up and bails her out. They drive away in a spectacular red truck that I want. They are in LURVE and have some sort of plan. This is adorable.

They go to a diner, where Beyonce's boyfriend is. He is, in no uncertain terms, an absolute jerk. So Beyonce poisons him, and, with some help from Lady Gaga's mad sandwich making skillz, they also poison the rest of the diner. Then they dance in American Flag underwear, to celebrate their mass-killing.

Then, after changing their clothes yet again, to some cool beekeeping/wedding dress things, they drive into the sunset, holding hands. This is adorable, and, I must admit, I got warm fuzzies.

The only confusion I had was why they had to poison the rest of the diner - but presumably they had done something to make Beyonce and Lady Gaga very very angry, and we all know you don't mess with Beyonce and Lady Gaga.

As far as I can see, most of Lady Gaga's music vids are STRANGE, but not ridiculously so. I mean, I have seen many a music video that is contains far stranger things than Lady Gaga dancing in her fantastic outfits.

4 comments:

  1. I won't lie, this synopsis made my day.
    Yay for day-making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made my day. Thank you.
    On an semirelated note, if you wish to view a really, really weird music video, check out Everlong, by the Foo Fighters.

    ReplyDelete