Thursday, November 19, 2009

Straight razorrrrrs

Goodness, I haven't posted in a while. My play (the Tempest) has been rehearsing lots lately and I has mucho stress. We had our final dress tonight though, and it went WELL and I'm so HAPPY, and my hair is GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. I dyed my hair green, and it is a beautiful sort of shiny deep-sea green, and I lurves it lots. *covets*

I also got to burn a sleeve off of my best friend's shirt and smear it with mud and generally destroy it. He's Caliban, and it was loads of fun. Plus I get to kick him in the face, which is SO MUCH FUN. YAY adrenaline.

And OOOOOOO, I went and got my hair cut yesterday (before the dying) and the lady cut it with a STRAIGHT RAZOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a props nut and a Sweeney Todd nut and an olden-days nut, and I was THRILLED. It was this beautiful tiny little straight razor with sort of a jagged edge, but it was sooo sharp. I nearly asked her if I could play with it, but then thought better of it. She might have thought I was weird. (goodness only knows why...it's not that weird, is it?)

Anyway, I hadn't known that straight razors were still in use, not ever having gone to a haircutter's before (yes, I know. My mum usually cuts my hair) and I was so happy that they still existed and were in use and were in use on my hair.

So yes, I'm generally happy.

Wish me broken legs! The Tempest opens tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment